Friday, August 21, 2009

On the Rocks







Photos by Lon Horwedel

Above are the various views from the memorial rocks at Leslie Park Golf Course in Ann Arbor.

Picture #1 is Don Yost's memorial stone with a beautiful view of both the 11th hole and the 12th hole (and even #13). A great spot with a great view for a great man.

Pictures #2 and #3 - The rock for Mr. Gelenius at the base of the flag pole near the club house and the view from his rock looking out over the first and third hole.

Picture #4 is Fred Fornaca's rock located behind the 8th tee. Fred's rock stays cool all day, seemingly in the shade of the wood line all day. 

Picture #5 is the gorgeous view of the seventh green from Fred's rock. A great vista.

Picture #6 - The view from my proposed memorial site near the top of the hill between the 13th green and te 14th tee. The only thing missing, besides my boulder, is Laura Ingalls Wilder frolicking down the hillside through the tall grass and the wildflowers.


2 comments:

  1. Lon what are your thoughts on power carts at Huron Hills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove by Huron Hills the other day and saw a foursome using carts - young guys too. It didn't look right or feel right. I wondered if they felt out of place. Personally I like to walk. Today (8-24) I played in a walking threesome with two older gents. Behind us were two young guys in a cart. They never caught up to us the entire round. I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete